Critique Teams are responsible for review and refinement of the iRock Plan. The outcome of the critique process will be a plan that clearly: establishes the link between one-to-one computing and increased student achievement; determines the need for one-to-one computing in support of the Rock Hill Climb, Common Core State Standards and district initiatives; reflects significant teacher involvement: confirms significant community involvement.
Listed below are the dates, agenda and minutes from Critique Teams held to date. For a copy of the iRock plan and more detailed information on the planning process, click here.
- Learning Critique Team – Chaired by Ms. Mary Chandler. Includes a school board representative, parent representatives from each school and community members at-large.
- Evaluation Critique Team – Chaired by Dr. Marshall Jones. Includes a school board representative, district office representatives, teacher representatives and principal representatives.
- Teacher Involvement (Internal Stakeholders) Critique Team – Chaired by Mr. Jeff Venables, Rock Hill Schools Teacher of the Year. Includes a school board representative, Teachers of the Year from each school, and one representative per school from the Palmetto State Teachers Association and/or The South Carolina Education Association.
- Community Involvement (External Stakeholders) Critique Team – Chaired by Mr. Wayne Wingate. Includes a school board representative, community members at-large, and one parent representative per school.
- Finance and Resources Critique Team – Chaired by Mr. Gary Williams. Includes school board representatives, business leaders, and one parent representative per school.